Want to offer advice to budding software testers? Want to share your experiences on how you’ve advanced your career in the QA industry? If so then we’d love to hear from you, as we’re on the look-out for keen software testers to blog for SoftwareTester.Careers.
What you get
If you write a guest blog post for us and we publish it then this is what you can expect in return:
- Your own dedicated author page – all your articles in one place, plus your author bio and links to your website/blog and social profiles.
- Your content promoted via our social media channels, both upon publication and on an on-going basis.
- If you become a regular contributor then we may be able to pay you for future contributions. We can discuss this once a couple of posts have been published and if you’re interested in taking things further.
If you’re interested in contributing, please use the contact form link below to let us know that you’re interested.
If you do not have a post at-the-ready then feel free to get in touch to discuss an idea for a potential post. If you do have one ready, feel free to send it on straight away. We aim to get back to people within 1-2 weeks and will always try our best to reply – however if you do not hear back from us within that timeframe then you can assume that we won’t be using the post.
We have a list of potential post ideas that you can choose from (if you’re stuck for ideas), or we’d be more than happy to discuss any post ideas that you might have for the site especially.
Once a draft has been passed on to us, you can work directly with our editor to sort out any amendments that may be required. And once that’s all sorted, we’ll publish it!
Please see the additional rules and guidelines section below before contacting us.
Rules and guidelines
Please take the time to peruse these guidelines before expressing interest in blogging for us:
- Perhaps the most important rule: you must be a software tester. We want to hear genuine stories from genuine testers, not generic advice from copywriters (no offence to copywriters)! So please only get in touch if you’re actually working in QA.
- When you first contact us, please pass on examples of your content: your own blog, other guest posts you’ve written, etc. It’s an added bonus if they’re career-focused as well as software testing-related.
- We’re looking for posts with a word count of 600-800 words. We can be flexible depending on the topic, but this is ideally our target for each post.
- We will create an accompanying image/illustration for each post. We take copyright very seriously, so any additional images that you use will need to be copyright-free or have the appropriate licences – in other words, we can only use images that you own or that you are allowed to use. If we have any doubts, we won’t publish it.
- Any content offered must be 100% unique and not used elsewhere (online or offline) previously. We will check using anti-plagiarism tools.
- Posts must not be self-promotional in nature – obviously you’ll get a link to your website/blog and social channels (if applicable) from your author page, but we don’t want posts to be overly sales-y or heavily pushing a product/service.
There is a minimum commitment of 2-3 posts. This is to ward off those who only wish to guest post as a one-off solely for SEO purposes.
- Posts intended only for SEO/’linking back’ purposes are strictly not allowed.
Please note that these guidelines may be subject to change at any time in the future.
Interested? Meet the guidelines? Get in touch
If you’re interested in proceeding and meet the rules and guidelines mentioned above then please contact us on the form below and we’ll get back to you to discuss next steps. Thanks!